Why join Breen Construction?
For over 80years, Breen Construction Ltd has operated in the Lower South Island and has offices in Oamaru, Wanaka, Cromwell, Dunedin, Twizel and head office is in Alexandra.
We’re a family business that has developed from grass roots into an established, reputable and well-known operation with over 180 staff. We look for like-minded, hard-working people who enjoy working within a family business, embrace new technology and work proficiently with the systems and processes that the business has in place.
We offer you:
· Fantastic work locations with offices in Alexandra, Oamaru, Wanaka, Dunedin, Cromwell and Twizel
· Collaborative management team
· Positive communication and team culture
· Medical Insurance
· Company Life, trauma and wage protection
· Long Service Leave
· Social club outings and trips
· Company functions and events
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a senior Health and Safety professional to join our growing team.
Based in Alexandra you will be responsible for managing and maintaining our exceptional health and safety track record for site and office teams.
You are an experienced, pragmatic and trusted senior health& safety professional who has strong influencing abilities, sound knowledge of health & safety at both a strategic and operational level.
You are passionate about driving safety culture with a proven track record in implementing health & safety programs, projects and related frameworks within a high-risk (building, construction &infrastructure) environment.
You are comfortable leading the safety values across multiple sites/locations – so travel is required for this position.
Above all else, you understand that Breen Construction is about people, so you are engaging, approachable, proactive and easily build positive relationships across all levels.
· 7-10 years related experience combined with qualifications directly related to health and safety
· Construction or related industry experience in a similar health and safety role
· Familiarity with H&S at Work Act, ACC, ISO 45001and experience developing, implementing, and managing a company wide Health and Safety Management Systems
· A valid NZ drivers’ licence
For a confidential conversation please contact Nina Klemm, HR Manager 021 340 613 or submit your CV along with your cover letter to email@example.com