Why join Breen Construction?
For over 80 years, Breen Construction Ltd has operated in the Lower South Island and has offices in Oamaru, Wanaka, Cromwell, Dunedin, Twizel and head office is in Alexandra.
We’re a family business that has developed from grass roots into an established, reputable and well-known operation with over 190 staff. We look for like-minded, hard-working people who enjoy working within a family business, embrace new technology and work proficiently with the systems and processes that the business has in place.
Today the company is being run by the forth generation of siblings, with the same values that provided its foundations back in 1939 – genuine builders who understand the construction process at a deeper level. The core construction business is geared to creating individual, innovative and dynamic building environments and solutions for customers, from large-scale commercial developments through to building new wineries, heritage restoration work and award-winning architectural homes, Breen’s cover every aspect of project delivery.
We offer you:
· Collaborative management team
· Positive communication and team culture that is focused on wellbeing
· Medical Insurance
· Long Service Leave
· Social club outings and trips
· Company functions and events
In 2020 Breen Construction purchased Specialised Structures Central Otago based in Cromwell. The original owner Greg is still with the business today and he has a long-standing history with Specialised Structures dating back to its inception, as does sales consultant Jo. Both remain with Specialised Structures, now part of the Breen Team, and their knowledge and experience within the group is invaluable.
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead, develop and grow the Specialised Structures team. You will be capable of managing client relationships, implementing a business strategy, including marketing, in accordance with the requirements of the overall Breen model to help delivery high quality steel portal building solutions to the Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes regions (Cromwell, Queenstown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Roxburgh, Ranfurly and the wider area.
You will be apart of an enthusiastic management team and be given support from the company directors and other executive team members to help you reach your goals.
- Minimum of 10 years management experience in the construction industry combined with tertiary education in a field related to construction
- Broad understanding of all areas of construction, including but not limited to administration, financial management and health and safety
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project) and able to administer the company’s accounting systems
- Proven experience in the construction project management of similar typologies to ensure safety, quality, programme, risks, financial budgets, and margins aremet
- Knowledge of design, consents, and procurement, and relevant building legislative requirements
- The ability to challenge accepted practice and introduce new perspectives and innovation
- Positive, adaptable, driven, and have an energetic and optimistic attitude and confident negotiator
Candidates must have the right to live and work in NZ and hold a valid and current driver’s licence as travel to all regions that we service will be required.
For a confidential conversation please contact Nina Klemm, HR Manager 021 340 613 or submit your CV along with your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org