WHY JOIN BREEN CONSTRUCTION?
For over 80 years, Breen Construction Ltd has operated in the Lower South Island and has offices in Oamaru, Wanaka, Cromwell, Dunedin, Twizel and head office is in Alexandra. We’re a family business that has developed from grass roots into an established, reputable and well-known operation with over 170 staff. We look for like-minded, hard-working people who enjoy working within a family business, embrace new technology and work proficiently with the systems and processes that the business has in place.
WE OFFER YOU:
• Fantastic work locations with offices in Alexandra, Oamaru, Wanaka, Dunedin, Cromwell and Twizel
• Collaborative management team
• Positive communication and team culture
• The perks - Medical Insurance, long service payments, social club and company functions and events
We need a well-rounded and experienced QS with a focus in residential construction to join us. We’re busy and there’s lots of work ahead of us! This role will be based in Central Otago at either our Alexandra or Wanaka offices.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be part of our Commercial Team and play a key role in estimating/pricing residential construction projects in the best interests of the company. You will be detail oriented and enjoy working as part of a busy team.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience combined with a qualification related to Quantity Surveying/Estimating
• Technical proficiency and understanding of residential construction essential
• Experience reading and interpreting architectural plans/drawings
• Strong computer literacy, able to learn new tech/systems quickly. We use Costx so experience this programme is advantageous
• Ability lead and be part of a team to deliver a common goal
• Thorough understanding of New Zealand construction methods and systems
Candidates must have the right to live and work in NZ and hold a valid and current driver’s licence.
Submit your CV along with your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org