Why join Breen Construction?
For over 80 years, Breen Construction Ltd has operated in the Lower South Island and has offices in Oamaru, Wanaka, Cromwell, Dunedin, Twizel and head office is in Alexandra.
We’re a family business that has developed from grass roots into an established, reputable and well-known operation with over 180 staff. We look for like-minded, hard-working people who enjoy working within a family business, embrace new technology and work proficiently with the systems and processes that the business has in place.
We offer you:
• Collaborative management team
• Positive communication and team culture
• Medical Insurance after 1 year with additional insurance after 10 years
• Social club outings and trips
• Strong values and wellbeing focused
As a Painter you will be in charge of your own day with guidance from the Project Manager. Jobs will be of various sizes including small maintenance and alteration jobs, insurance work and some high-end residential builds.
This is a sole-charge position. You will be meeting clients and representing Breen’s in the Central Otago region, so it is critical that you have excellent work ethic and deliver quality workmanship.
Hours are generally up to 45 hours per week, with some flexibility on start times.
• Qualified painter with ideally 5 years’ experience on the job
• Gib stopping and wallpapering experience preferred
• Good communication skills
• Ability to problem solve onsite and communicate well with Project Manager
• Organized, self-motivated and comfortable working independently or as part of a team
• Good planning and organizational ability
• Knowledge of current building methods and materials
• Understanding of building and relevant safety regulations
• Skilled at interpreting drawings, architectural plans and specifications
• Able to demonstrate care for tools and equipment
• Valid Elevated work platform certificate (training will be provided)
• High level of personal presentation
• Ability to build relationships both internally and externally with suppliers, subcontractors and client alike
• Valid NZ drivers’ licence
Candidates must have the right to live and work in in NZ.
Sound like you, or want to know more? Get in touch today via email@example.com with your cover letter and CV.