Why join Breen Construction?
For over 80 years, Breen Construction Ltd has operated in the Lower South Island and has offices in Oamaru, Wanaka, Cromwell, Dunedin, Twizel and head office is in Alexandra.
We’re a family business that has developed from grass roots into an established, reputable and well-known operation with over 190 staff. We look for like-minded, hard-working people who enjoy working within a family business, embrace new technology and work proficiently with the systems and processes that the business has in place.
We offer you:
· Collaborative management team
· Positive communication and team culture that is focused on wellbeing
· Medical Insurance
· Company Life, trauma and wage protection
· Social club outings and trips
· Company functions and events
Breen Construction is growing and as a result of an internal move, we are looking for an experienced and diverse Construction General Manager to join our senior leadership team. You will report to the Managing Director and will take an active role in contributing to our continued success.
In this key leadership role, you will be overseeing a team of regionally based area managers to ensure that Breen is delivering the highest quality building services for our clients and our communities. This is achieved through mentoring and providing strategic leadership, direction and oversight for all construction projects.
You will be part of an enthusiastic management team and be given support from the company directors and other executive team members to help you reach your goals.
- Minimum of 10 years post graduate experience in the construction industry combined with tertiary education in a field related to construction
- Broad understanding of all areas of construction, including but not limited to administration, financial management, human resources and health and safety
- Exceptional numeracy and analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project) and able to administer the company’s accounting systems
- Robust knowledge of established construction management methodologies
- Proven experience in the construction management of similar typologies to ensure safety, quality, programme, risks, financial budgets, and margins are met
- Knowledge of design, consents, and procurement, and relevant building legislative requirements
- The ability to challenge accepted practice and introduce new perspectives and innovation
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations and practices
- Positive, adaptable, driven, and have an energetic and optimistic attitude with proven leadership abilities
Candidates must have the right to live and work in NZ and hold a valid and current driver’s licence as regular travel to all regions that we service will be required.
For a confidential conversation please contact Nina Klemm, HR Manager 021 340 613 or submit your CV along with your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org