WHY JOIN BREEN CONSTRUCTION?
For 80 years, Breen Construction Ltd has operated in the Lower South Island and has offices in Oamaru, Wanaka, Cromwell, Dunedin, Twizel and head office is in Alexandra. We’re a family business that has developed from grass roots into an established, reputable and well-known operation with over 170 staff. We look for like-minded, hard-working people who enjoy working within a family business, embrace new technology and work proficiently with the systems and processes that the business has in place.
WE OFFER YOU:
• Fantastic work locations with offices in Alexandra, Oamaru, Wanaka, Dunedin, Cromwell and Twizel
• Collaborative management team
• Positive communication and team culture
• Medical Insurance
• Company Life, trauma and wage protection
• Long Service Leave
• Social club outings and trips
• Company functions and Christmas parties
We are looking for an experienced Civil Manager to join the business. In this varied role you will be responsible for leading our Civil team, business development for civil projects that align to our strategy and company values, and providing overall project oversight. Civil for Breen consists of building bridges, dams, concrete foundations, and other vertical structures.
As our Civil Manager, you will work along side our Civil Project Manager to manage all operational areas of the business from beginning to end.
As the Civil Manager it is important that you be able to develop the budget and meet the business development targets for this area of work. You will be part of an enthusiastic management team and be given support from the company directors and other team members to help you reach your goals.
• CPEng preferred with a minimum of 15 years’ experience combined with at least 10 years managerial and leadership experience
• Knowledgeable and possess in-depth technical experience in New Zealand civil construction, not limited to roading
• Comfortable with the financial side of project management to best utilize resources within budget
• Knowledgeable and familiar with NZS 3910
• Well versed in construction programmes and the ability to manage multiple projects
• Solid understanding of H&S in construction
• Resilient, adaptable and pragmatic. You can juggle the workload and pressure, multiple demands, unforeseen difficulties and challenges within tight time frames
• An exceptional people manager, able to build positive relationships, have strong negotiation and networking skills
• A great communicator, both verbal and written and comfortable presenting technical information to diverse groups
• Ability to lead the Civil area of work, be responsible and take ownership for results
• Positive, adaptable, driven, and have an energetic and optimistic attitude
Candidates must have the right to live and work in NZ and hold a valid and current driver’s licence.
For a confidential conversation please contact Nina Klemm, HR Manager on 021 340 613 or submit your CV along with your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org