WHY JOIN BREEN CONSTRUCTION?
For 80 years, Breen Construction Ltd has operated in the Lower South Island and has offices in Oamaru, Wanaka, Cromwell, Dunedin, Twizel and head office is in Alexandra. We’re a family business that has developed from grass roots into an established, reputable and well-known operation with over 170 staff. We look for like-minded, hard-working people who enjoy working within a family business, embrace new technology and work proficiently with the systems and processes that the business has in place.
WE OFFER YOU:
• Fantastic work locations with offices in Alexandra, Oamaru, Wanaka, Dunedin, Cromwell and Twizel
• Collaborative management team
• Positive communication and team culture
• Medical Insurance
• Company Life, trauma and wage protection
• Long Service Leave
• Social club outings and trips
• Company functions and Christmas parties
Architectural Technician is part of a team responsible for producing design and construction documentation for all levels and types of construction projects. You will produce scaled detailed drawings and associated documentation for Building Consent and construction purposes and ensure that projects are successful undertaken from the perspective of all project stakeholders. This position could be based at any of our Otago offices, which we will discuss at the interview with you.
• A relevant Architectural tertiary qualification combined with at least 5 year’s relevant experience in residential design
• Exceptional time management, capable of managing several projects at one time
• Strong detailing capabilities with the ability to take complex design details through to construction documentation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong computer skills
• Revit/CAD experience required
• An analytical and logical approach to organizing and carrying out your work
• Exceptional communication skills
• Personal drive, initiative and a natural curiosity to understand and solve problems
• Ability to work as part of a team, but confident when working independently and unsupervised
• Ability to build relationships both internally and externally with suppliers, subcontractors and clients alike
• A valid NZ drivers’ licence
ABOUT THE JOB:
• Interpret design brief and Concept information needed to prepare construction documentation
• Undertake site investigations and research Building / Resource Consent files to determine features or restrictions that may impact on the design
• Liaise with clients, architects, engineers, subcontractors and in-house departments to ensure that design intentions are met
• Prepare comprehensive and accurate plans, Specifications and associated documentation to enable Consenting and Construction of projects
• Undertake comprehensive and accurate site and building surveys as required for the preparation of documentation
• Ensure building Code, Regional and Local Authority Requirements, standards and regulations are enforced in building design documentation
• Prepare and lodge building and/or resource consent applications
• Select construction methods and materials in line with Industry Best Practice and company policy
• Control all project documentation and design changes and maintain accurate records
Candidates must have the right to live and work in in NZ.
Please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV no later than 14 January 2020.