Why join Breen Construction?
For 80 years, Breen Construction Ltd has operated in the Lower South Island and has offices in Oamaru, Wanaka, Cromwell, Dunedin, Twizel and head office is in Alexandra.
We’re a family business that has developed from grass roots into an established, reputable and well-known operation with over 180 staff. We look for like-minded, hard-working people who enjoy working within a family business, embrace new technology and work proficiently with the systems and processes that the business has in place.
We offer you:
· Fantastic work locations with offices in Alexandra, Oamaru, Wanaka, Dunedin, Cromwell and Twizel
· Collaborative management team
· Positive communication and team culture focused on wellbeing
· Medical Insurance
· Company Life, trauma and wage protection
· Long Service Leave
· Social club outings and trips
· Company functions and events
We are searching for our next team member to join us in this newly created role based in Alexandra. This is a full time permanent position, working Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, for the right candidate we may have some flexibility in working hours.
The Accounting Technician will provide assistance to the General Manager Finance with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. You will be responsible for monthly journals and other General Ledger tasks. You will also assist in preparing insightful and accurate financial reporting, this will include involvement in budgeting, planning and analysis for our team. The Accounting Technician will be a tenacious problem solver with an eye for detail and be able to look for opportunities for improvement. As this is a new role, initially there may also be a requirement for providing general administration support.
• Previous work experience in a similar role, or a combination of education and related experience required
• Excellent collaboration skills and willingness to work well with others
• Exceptional time management, capable of managing multiple competing deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong business awareness and tenacity to solve problems
• Methodical and detailed
• System and reporting savvy with the ability to learn new technology quickly
• Proven experience with MS Office Suite and technical Ability to build relationships both internally and externally
• A valid NZ drivers’ licence, as there may occasionally be the need to travel between Breen offices
Candidates must have the right to live and work in in NZ.
Please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV no later than 26 January 2021.